Tuesday, January 5, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Happy New Year!

I have a few goals for myself this year. One is that I would read the entire Bible in a year. The second would be to fit in a size 10 jean. I’m a 14 now so the goal is not that far out of reach. The third is to be joyful. The last half of 2009 was difficult mentally, emotionally and physically. This year I not only want to find the joy in each day but to stop and enjoy it. Another goal is to laugh more. Not just a chuckle or giggle but an out loud, laugh so hard you cry or your face hurts kind of laughter. The last goal will be the hardest for me. I want to have more of a “go with the flow” attitude. Anybody who knows me knows that I’m a planner…an extreme planner. Every day I have a “to do list” in my head that needs to be completed. Most of those items will be marked off by the end of the day. I get very cranky and out of sorts if someone or something stands in my way of completing this list. I hate waiting on people because it wastes my time. I realize that things beyond our control occur and plans may have to be changed. What I can’t handle is when people aren’t considerate of my time. What makes people think that their time is more valuable than others? I was not put on this planet to wait on people to finish something that they either procrastinated about or let distractions keep them from doing it. If someone says they will meet me at a certain time, then be ready or at least call so alternate plans can be made. I mean had I known I’d be waiting another hour I could have waited comfortably at home and/or started another project. (I’ll get off my soapbox now.) Instead this year I will try, and I stress try, to not let this planner mentality control my day and leave some room for “wasted time”. Plus I can use this “wasted time” to accomplish goal #3.

My progress so far…

Yesterday I committed to an annual membership to a gym. (What was I thinking?!) I want more energy and I know losing a few pounds would help that. So I went last night to be shown the circuit. Some machines were easier than others. My problem areas were pointed out by the crying sound they made when I made them work out. Those areas will just have to put their big girl panties on and get over it. Sometimes I have to envision a “skinnier me” to help keep me motivated. Plus think of all the money I’ll save by being able to wear clothes that haven’t seen the light of day in months/years!

There has been one incident this year that helped me put my last goal into practice. It took a lot of patience and breathing to keep calm. I have to admit I was near tears and didn’t think I was going to be able to succeed but I did. Did I mention that this “go with the flow” attitude is hard stuff? Life would be much easier if everybody was more organized and planned their day efficiently.

I have lots to work on but with God’s help I can conquer and win.

No comments: